The problem with going on vacation is that the minute you step on the plane bound for home, you lose your buzz. You’re forced, at 500 mph, into your personal laundry list of tasks and to-do’s that await you. Bummer.
So is there a way, while navigating the necessities of your day to day reality, to incorporate some of your vacation joy?
Here’s my short list.
1. More beach time. Some people love mountains. Some love forests. Some love the hustle and bustle of a big city. I like the ocean.
2. Coffee outside in the morning. Not always possible – weather wise, but again, worth doing more often.
3. Wish I could say sleeping in – but we know that’s not going to happen.
4. Less tv. Now you all know I love me some crappy tv. But I haven’t watched anything, not even a movie in 10 days. I realize that on vacation there are too many things to do instead of tv – but even at home there are a lot of better ways I could spend my time than watching tv. We’ll see how this one goes.
5. Explore more. I tend to stick to a 5 mile radius for eating, playing, etc. Branching out would be good.
So what did you love about your vacation or get away that you could bring back with you? I’d love to know!
Now go run!