Happy Monday! We are in the final week of our Holiday Hustle 25 Day Challenge! It’s a busy week at my house so I reckon you may be feeling pinched for time as well. Luckily this workout is only 10 minutes!
The takeaway is that no matter how busy you get, you can always find time to exercise. Even 10 minutes is better than nothing.
- Spiderman Cross Climbers – 10 repetitions
- Prisoner Squats – 10 repetitions
- Pushups – 10 repetitions
- Jumping Jacks – 10 repetitions
- Plank – 30 seconds
Repeat this circuit as many times you can in 10 minutes. Try to eliminate or minimize any breaks between exercises.
How to do the exercises
Spiderman Cross Climbers
- Hold yourself in the “up” position of a pushup, hands under our slightly in front of your shoulders, fingers spread, apart, pointing forward.
- Press your feet, knees and thighs together.
- Draw your shoulders down away from your ears and engage your shoulder blades so they are slightly pulling toward each other.
- Lift your belly up nice and tight, pulling your belly button toward your spine.
- From this position, lift your right foot off the ground and bring your knee across your body towards your left shoulder.
- Press leg back to start position and repeat on the left side – moving quickly.
- A left and a right is 1 repetition.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart, hands behind your head, interlace your fingers, elbows out wide, and keep your shoulders away from your ears.
- Engage your upper back muscles and keep your head and chin lifted – staring straight ahead (do not drop your chin).
- Keeping your weight in your heels, press your tush back as you squat down as low as is comfortable.
- Using your thighs (not your knees) press back up into standing and squeeze your tush at the very top (this will help activate and strengthen your tush).
- Get into your high plank position with your hands just outside of your chest, above the mid line of your chest.
- Press your feet and legs together.
- With a flat back, release down, trying to get your chest towards the ground as far as you can.
- Exhale as you push back up.
Tips: Keep your gaze about 4-6 inches above your hands- this keeps your neck neutral
- Stand with your feet together and hands at your side
- Jump your legs apart wide as you bring your arms out to the side and above your head
- Hold yourself in the “up” position of a pushup, hands under our slightly in front of your shoulders, fingers spread, apart, pointing forward
- Press your feet, knees and thighs together
- Draw your shoulders down away from your ears and engage your shoulder blades so they are slightly pulling toward each other
- Lift your belly up nice and tight, pulling your belly button toward your spine
- Breathe – Hold position
Remember, you only have to work hard for ten minutes then off you go about your day.
Now go run!