The October Challenge is all about consistency. Starting tomorrow I’m going to ask you to exercise 30 minutes every day. For the next 30 days.
- Your Challenge Goal is to get 30 minutes of exercise every day for the next 30 (or 31) days.
- Download the October Challenge Workout Log and make a check mark on each day you meet the Challenge Goal. If you attended my Boot-Camp class or worked out more than 30 minutes make 2 check marks.
- At the end of the Challenge, send me your Workout Log. By mail. Email. Take a picture on your phone and send it to me by text.
- Your workout can be 30 minutes all at once or you can break it into 3 – 10 minute blocks.
It’s that simple!
The ultimate prize of this challenge is to motivate and encourage you to keep working out at a high(er) level than before. But I’m not above bribery! Here’s some “incentive” for you.
- Everyone who turns in the October Challenge Workout Log gets a little prize.
- Those who met the Challenge Goal (30 minutes every day for 30 days) gets entered into a raffle drawing.
- Those who exceeded the Challenge Goal (31 minutes or more every day for 30 days) gets more entries into the raffle drawing.
Here’s some suggestions.
- Running, walking at a brisk pace, hiking, jog/run, biking, swimming, dancing, Zumba, bike riding, etc.
- Boot-Camp, Aerobics, Spin, Pilates, Yoga, DVD’s, Videos on Demand, etc.
- Strength training, free weights, CrossFit, etc.
I encourage you (if you aren’t already) to do some strength training exercises this month. I have pulled together a progressive daily workout that I will post every morning. Progressive means its starts slow and will build up as the month continues. This short workout will only take you 5-10 minutes so you’ll need to supplement this with something else to reach your goal for the day.
LAST MINUTE NOTES
Some of you are already working at a high level and easily exceeding 30 minutes every day. For those of you in that category I encourage you to take this month to amp up your intensity. Work harder, lift more, run faster, climb higher.
Our Challenge kicks off Thursday, October 1st. Please share the Challenge with your friends and family.
Now go run!
PS – if you have questions, concerns, etc. please drop me a note!