I need an afternoon snack around 3:30 or 4:00pm. By this time, my lunch has run out and I start to prowl the kitchen.
Here are some quick, go-to snacks that are healthy and filling enough to keep me for a few hours until dinner.
- A container of low or nonfat yogurt (plain or light) topped with frozen blueberries (if you need to sweeten plain yogurt until you become accustomed to the tart flavor, add a small drizzle of honey or a packet of natural sweetener)
- A low-carb tortilla wrap* with 1 TB of nut butter
- 1/2 cup Cottage cheese with 1/2 cup of fruit topped with cinnamon
- A Fiber One bar
- Bowl of high fiber cereal, 1/2 cup skim or light almond milk
- An apple with about 12 almonds
- A medium skim latte
Nutrition experts deem that a snack should be between 150 to 200 calories, contain protein and fiber. Why the rule? Because in the end, no matter what eating plan you follow, you need to make your calories count.
Please share your healthy eating snacks, I get bored eating the same things!
On to our workout. Enjoy some core work today! Day 11 Bodyweight Express Challenge Workout
Now go run!
*because I like the flavor and fiber, not because I don’t eat carbs 🙂