Today we’re doing a plank that will require you to brace your core to maintain balance as you focus on an extension.
Deep breath and here we go!
Alternating Reach Plank
- Start in a high or low plank
- Press your feet, knees, and thighs together
- Draw your shoulders down away from your ears and engage your shoulder blades so they are slightly pulling toward each other
- Lift your belly up nice and tight
- Drop your tush a bit but keep a nice long spine
- From this position extend your left arm straight out (palm facing in) and reach
- Replace your arm under you and extend and reach with the opposite arm
- Alternate reaching for 45 seconds
- When you extend your arm, keep your hand and arm at or below shoulder height.
- Don’t “throw” your arm out during the extension, think slowly lifting and reaching
Great job! Keep me posted on how you’re doing.
Now go run!