Welcome to the plank-a-day challenge!
The goal: perform the plank or plank variation exercise each day for 30 days.
At the end of this challenge, here’s what you can expect:
- an increase in your core strength
- a sense of accomplishment and achievement that will encourage you to set new fitness goals
I will post a new plank or plank variation exercise for you on my blog every day. Your challenge is to perform the exercise. It’s that simple!
Good luck and let’s get to it!
Plank-A-Day Challenge – Day 1
Benchmark Testing: Plank for Time
Today we are going to test your plank-ability. I want you to hold a PERFECT plank as long as you can and then write down the time. We are going to re-test on Day 30.
Please note: I know many people can stay on their hands for a long time but their plank is more of a saggy branch. I want you to hold a PERFECT plank as long as you can. Big difference.
- Get into a high (on your hands) or low (on your forearms) plank position
- Keep your spine straight; this means keeping your hips lifted, abs engaged all while keeping your tush down.
- Hold this position as long as you can – once you cannot maintain a PERFECT plank position you are out – no dipping of the hips toward the ground, no pressing back to rest your shoulders, no hiking the hips up high.
- When done please record 2 things
- how long you held a PERFECT plank
- how it felt (example, 45 seconds / shaking and sweating at the end; 2 minutes but then I had to stop and stretch my arms; 30 seconds/collapsed in a heap)
- Keep your notes in a safe place so we can refer back on Day 30!
Great job and see you tomorrow!
Now go run!
PS – To sign up to receive the challenge via email please enter your email address in the side bar. And PLEASE feel free to share this challenge with your friends!