Feedback from my Boot-Camp was that Day 24 was “quite” a workout. Well done for sticking with it!
Today we’re taking a plank break and working on the side, front and lower portion of the abdominal area. Enjoy!
Here’s your Core Challenge Workout for today:
- Opposite Elbow to Knee Crunch – 25 repetitions
- Flutter/Scissors – 45 seconds
- Reverse Curl – 25 repetitions
- Bicycle Crunch – 25 repetitions
Perform this sequence two times through.
How To Do The Exercises
Opposite Elbow to Knee Crunch
- Lay flat on your back, with your knees bent, feet flat on the ground
- Place your left hand behind your head, lay your right arm on the ground, straight out from your body
- Lift your shoulders and head off the ground to engage your abs
- Bring your left elbow and right knee towards each other, meeting at the middle as you exhale and squeeze the elbow and knee together
- Return your upper body back to your starting position (keep your shoulders off the ground) as you extend that right leg straight out
- Repeat 25 times on this side then switch sides.
Level 1: Keep knees bent and feet flat on the floor, direct your left elbow towards your knee and return back to start – doing so will reduce stress on lower back.
Flutter/Scissor Kicks Combination
- Lay on your back with your legs straight out with your hands under your tush
- Tighten your abs and lift your legs in the air, pressing your heels and knees together
- Lower your legs until they are about 12 inches off the ground
- Point your toes and with very straight legs, start flutter kicking (work from your hip, using your entire leg to move your feet)
- Stop fluttering
- Press your legs apart about 12 inches then bring them together, crossing one foot on top of the other at the ankle
- Press them apart about 12 inches and again, bring them together crossing the other foot on top of the other at the ankle
- Alternate at a quick pace
**alternate 15 seconds of flutters with 15 seconds of scissors for the time indicated for this exercise
Note: If this bothers your lower back, keep your legs elevated 2 feet or higher from the ground
- Lay on your back with your hands at your side, palms flat on the ground
- Raise your knees and bend them at a 90 degree angle
- Keep your head and shoulders firmly on the ground
- Press your palms into the ground as you lift your hips and roll your knees toward your head
- Slowly roll back to start and repeat
- Lay on your back, knees bent, feet flat on ground
- Place hands behind head
- Lift shoulders and head off the ground, lift feet off ground
- Rotate your torso to the right so that your left elbow and right knee in the middle of your torso (this is the start position)
- Keep left leg straight out, about 18 inches off the ground
- Keeping abs tight, rotate torso to the left so that the right elbow is now meeting the left knee in the middle of your torso and left leg is now extended
- Continue rotating so that opposite elbow and knee meets in the middle
- Make sure that your extended leg is low to the ground
Well done! Keep up the good work and be sure to check in for Day 26 tomorrow.
Now go run!