Happy Monday! Let’s make it a great day!
Here’s your Core Challenge Workout for today:
- Spiderman Climbers – 20 repetitions
- 5 Ct. Leg Drops – 20 repetitions
- Large Flutter – 20 repetitions
- Plank – 60 seconds
Perform this sequence only two times through
How To Do the Exercises
- Get into a high plank position
- Lift your right foot off the ground, bend your knee and bring your knee to the outside of your right elbow – squeezing our right obliques as you do this
- Press leg back to start position
- Switch to your left leg
- Alternate for a total of 20 repetitions total (a right and a left leg equals 1 count)
Level 3: Do this exercise from a low plank position
Level 1: Do 15 repetitions
5 Ct. Leg Drops
- Lay flat on your back, with your hands under your tush
- Bring your feet straight up in the air, feet flexed so that toes are facing towards you, knees locked out
- Keeping legs glued together through entire exercise, contract your abs as you slowly (s-l-o-w-l-y) lower your legs as close to the ground as you can as you slowly (s-l-o-w-l-y) count down 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1
- When you get to 1, squeeze your legs together, tighten your abs and pull your legs back up to start – repeat 20 times
Level 3: Perform this exercise S-U-P-E-R S-L-O-W-L-Y!!
Level 1: Drop legs halfway to the ground before bringing them back up to top
- Lay on your back and place your hands behind your head with your legs straight on the ground
- Keeping your knees, legs and ankles together, lift your feet straight up in the air
- With an open chest and your elbows out wide, lift your shoulders off the ground about 3 inches
- Keeping your legs together, slowly lower your legs until you feel the “bite” in your abs (the bite is where you feel tension in your abs but you can still keep your back flat – this spot will vary depending on your abdominal strength)
- From this position you will point your toes away from you and with a straight leg drop the right foot towards the ground, gently touching your heel to the ground and then bring that leg back up to meet the one still in the air.
- Now take the left foot and slowly drop it to the ground, gently touching your heel to the ground and bring it back up to meet the right leg. That’s a one count. Repeat on both legs for a total of 20.
Level 3: Keep legs very low to the ground, about 12 inches
Level 1: Drop legs halfway to the ground before bringing them back up to the top
- Hold yourself in the “up” position of a pushup, hands under our slightly in front of your shoulders, fingers spread, apart, pointing forward
- Press your feet, knees and thighs together
- Draw your shoulders down away from your ears and engage your shoulder blades so they are slightly pulling toward each other
- Lift your belly up nice and tight, pulling your belly button toward your spine
- Drop your tush a bit keeping a nice long spine
- Focus on your belly button, pulling it up towards your spine
- Hold position
Level 3: Drop down to a low plank, alternate lifting your left, then right food
Level 1: Tough love time – it’s time to gut it out for the full minute
Have a great workout and enjoy the feeling of your abs and core getting wicked strong!
Now go run!