Have you heard of a salad in a jar? Well, apparently it’s the next new thing. You simply layer your salad dressing and other ingredients in a jar or a tall, narrow Tupperware container and store it in the fridge for a grab and go lunch. The best part is you can make a few days’ worth of lunches in individual jars and have a healthy lunch ready in a snap – just don’t let the dressing touch the lettuce or else you’ll end up with an icky soggy salad jar.
Here’s how to make your very own salad in a jar:
- Place salad dressing of choice to the bottom on your jar or container
- Layer hard or crunchy veggies (carrots, cucumber, radishes)
- Add protein (chicken, beans, etc.)
- Top with lettuce, spinach or salad greens of choice
- Cover tightly with lid and place upright in fridge
- When you’re ready to eat your lunch, turn your jar upside down (with the lid still on) to mix the dressing with your salad
Here’s the one I made this morning – YUM!
Now go run!