When training for a race or event you need to take an honest look at your lifestyle, patterns, weaknesses and strengths so you can stick with your plan. Knowing what you know will help in your race preparation.
- I know I like to train early so I need to make sure I get my run, ride or swim done early or else it won’t get done.
- I know I get really hungry when I add swimming to my regular workouts so I need to plan healthy meals and snacks so I’m not eating sleeves of Girl Scout cookies at 11am.
- I know I am a bear to live with if I can’t get to my planned exercise session so Brad and I have to check schedules to make sure meetings, conference calls, etc. are factored in.
- I know that during a race I will hit a dark spot and I practice my mantra and plan to dig deep.
- I know how good training makes me feel so I will do whatever I can to make it happen! (yes, even if it means getting up at 4:08am)
If you are training for a race, planning an event or trying to eat better, it’s a good idea to make a list of what you know and figure out how to turn that to your advantage.
Now go run!