Want to torch calories? Become a stronger runner? Want a kick-butt workout but don’t have a lot of time? Then get yourself off the flats and hit the hills for some good old fashioned hill repeats!
Hill repeats are hard. There’s no sugar-coating it. You’ll be uncomfortable (read: miserable) as you crank up the hill but you will feel like a rockstar when you are done. This workout can be done whether you are a walker or runner!
All you need are running shoes and a nice long hill.
- Start with a 10-15 minute warm up.
- Run (or walk) to the top of the hill (ideally it should take you 2-3 minutes to reach the top).
- Easy jog back down to the base of the hill
- Here’s the trick: REPEAT running (or walking) up and jogging back down the hill 3 or 4 times.
- Bring it on home with a 10 minute cool down
Try this once or twice a week for optimal results.
Now go run!