The 80/20 Rule

If you are trying to eat healthier but don’t want to follow a strict diet give the 80/20 rule a try.  If you eat fruits and veggies, lean protein, lowfat dairy whole grains at least 80% of the time you can have some moderate fun the other 20%.

Think about it, with most people eating 3 meals a day plus one or two snacks, that means you may be eating 35 times per week.  If 28 of them are healthy, portion controlled foods, you can enjoy the other 7.

Remember, all is fine in moderation!

Now go run!

Keli 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s